My Week Away 2

I ran out to where the car was parked and luckily mum and dad hadn’t left yet. I grabbed my poster and said another quick goodbye. As I got out there the bus from Perth Modern School, the real life school that is connected to GT, arrived. People who arrived in Perth without parents or whose parents needed to go home were brought to Perth Mod and then bussed to the camp. Two more of my friends, Anna and Chloe, were on that bus and they were yelling at me and waving. I ran over to them and hugged them. I showed them the way to our dorms and let them settle in. Chloe was in my room and Anna was in the adjoining room that was connected by a shared bathroom. Another girl arrived, Sophie, who was in the same room as Anna. Grace, in my class, arrived shortly after Sophie. We knew that the other girl in our room, Apryl, was on the bus from where she lived but it arrived later, at about 2 o’clock. Chloe and I went out for a little bit of an explore. The place we were staying at was quite large with a big oval and an adventure playground and a flying fox. The camp also had an after school care area and 4 areas of dorms. There was also a large dining room/kitchen/hall. My favourite thing there was the games room. It had two ping pong tables, four pool tables and two table football games. Sadly when we found it the door was locked and we weren’t allowed in. After a little bit all the other girls in our dorm came out to see and many of the other students from GT as well. We just hung out and found out fun and interesting things that happened since we had seen each other last. Then it was afternoon tea and we got cake. Then we had to do some introductory games while we waited for the bus that Apryl and some other people from her town to arrive.

They arrived and we were all very excited to see them. The coordinator of GT, Mrs Christensen, talked us for a little while and made us do a worksheet called Roadmap to success. It was very boring and we didn’t like it at all. She gave us an hour of free time before dinner at 6 and I was excited to go into the games room. It was open this time! I challenged Apryl to a game of ping pong and we had a lot of fun just hitting the ball back and forth. A boy called Sam, from year 8, was pretty good at ping pong and so was Jordy, another boy from year 10.

Dinner was lasagne and it was alright. We had a games night after dinner and I don’t think my team did very well. But we had fun and that’s the main thing right? The first day of camp was fun but all I could think about that night was getting braces the next day. Mum and Dad had planned to pick me up right after breakfast the next day, Tuesday, and I was already getting nervous.

4 thoughts on “My Week Away 2

1. Sounds like lots of fun Meg.
    Make sure you read over your work to pick up minor errors. Also watch your paragraphing.